Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Furious!

The title is because I'm currently enjoying a wonderful Surly Furious. It's yummy!
So my injury is not shin splints. I did something to my ankle and I have no idea what. I've been looking at picture of ankle bones/muscles, and it appears it's in my fibula. This is the most tender part of the injury.

To say I've had a difficult time dealing with the injury would be an understatement. It's not that I'm in a huge amount of pain or anything (far from it) I just am unable to run in this gorgeous weather. I mean, seriously, someone is punishing me for something. I get injured and for the next 3 or so days the weather is perfect for running. It's so frustrating. I've been walking home from class everyday, but that's about all I can handle. I bought some athletic wrap and an ice pack from target on monday and have been wearing the wrap almost all day long, and am icing it about 3-4 times a day for about 10 minutes each time. I really hope it gets better by Saturday because the weather is supposed to be super nice, and I don't have anything to do except laundry and a shit ton of homework. I want to drive down to the Mississippi and run 5 miles or so. I might have to either cut the mileage down or not go at all :( :(

Other than that this week has been a breeze. I spent Monday and Tuesday night house hunting, and I think we found a really great one, but we are going to scope out our options and look at two more next monday. As far as summer jobs go I still have not heard back about the nanny job. I have an interview for the summer reads program on friday, but they would pay me less than minimum wage and I'd only be working for 6 weeks of the summer. I talked to my boss today and he said I could work part time at the library, although I would not be making as much as I would need to be. It's nice to have a backup plan though. I might talk to him about the possibility of working there in May at least. Even if I do get a nanny job I won't be starting until the kids are out of school in June. I do not want to be sitting around doing nothing for 4 weeks. I'd want to kill myself! I have 4 papers and a midterm next week though so it's time to get on top of my game. My grades have been way, waaaaaaay down this semester. In fact, I don't think I've had a grade this close to failing in my entire life. On that note, it's time to go work on some of these papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment