Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I see what I cannot hear. I fear what I cannot fear.

Things have been going good. Other than my sickness. I ran for 30 minutes on Sunday and did 2.7 miles. I realized however that while my lungs are in fairly good shape my legs are not. The first mile was extremely tough on my legs, and if I took a walking/water break it was even harder to get back into running. But after the first mile I felt great! This made me realize I really need to do some lifting to strengthen my muscles.  I tried a few pieces of equipment, but was sort of confused. Would anyone be willing to show me their lifting routine? I really want to start lifting one day a week.
Monday I did 30 minutes on an elliptical. This was great because I had a migraine all day, and working out helped me get rid of it for about an hour. Then it came back so I went to bed at like 9. I was super duper sick on Tuesday (I think I had a miniature stomach flu) and I had to work on a presentation for my Behavioral Analysis class. This morning I had class cancelled! So I made it to the gym and did about 2.8 miles in 33 minutes (see how much I hate treadmills?) and my right foot fell asleep around mile 2 yet again. I need to get this checked out if it keeps happening, cause it's not fun.
I also started reading my book "Personal Record" and love it so far. The author set it up just like a marathon, so the first chapters are easy and short and then they get longer and harder. There are 26.2 chapters as well. Hilarious! The first chapter is about the runners body. It all sounds very displeasing to me, except for the flat belly and the skipping periods. The chapter I just finished is about how many shoes runners have in their closet. This made me realize that I need to get at least one pair of running shoes soon.  Spring Break shopping anyone???
Well I'm gonna skip the gym tomorrow for another happy hour date, but I'll be running Friday after work and then Saturday I'm going to try to do cross training and lifting. I'll be heading to Cloud Town on Saturday night, but i'll try to make it to the gym again Sunday night. Spring break week will be training central.

No comments:

Post a Comment