Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's Still A Little Hard to Say, What's Going On.

So I made it to the gym after work. I ran 2 miles at about a 10:40 pace and walked half a mile as well. Toward the end of my 2nd mile my right foot fell asleep. Unsure as to why this happened. I've also been noticing that my right leg is a lot more sore than my left. This may be because I severely bruised the right side of my hip/ass. It could also be due to the fact that I broke my right leg when I was 2 and thus my left leg is slightly longer than my right. It was overall a terrible work-out, but I had a good night afterward.
I went home and had a few drinks and dinner while listening to Daryn's band play. Then I went to a "progressive rock" concert in Maple Grove with Chris and Becky. I wasn't sure what to expect, but they were a really good band. I was only there for about an hour and a half and they played 3 Led Zeppelin songs. Picture of me and Becky at the concert is at the left. All of Chris's friends were super nice, and best of all they all wanted to dance :) Anyway I was suppose to do cross training this morning but opted out because I needed to do laundry and I feel like I may be coming down with some sort of sickness. I'll cross train at Daryn's bluegrass concert tonight, where I plan on dancing my ass off.
Today I got to the Library for work a bit early so I decided to find myself some reading for over spring break. I found a book titled "Personal Record: a Love Affair With Running." It's all about a girl's experience with training for and running the Boston Marathon. We will see if I have time to get around to it with all the traveling, working, and homework I will be doing. Speaking of homework I should probably get back to working on my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment