Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Life, It Rents Us!

Friday I went for a short run outside, but it was much cooler and I was all sorts of hungover from St Patty's Day, so I only made it 2 miles. (damn you 2 dollar you call-it's at B-loco!) Saturday I met my mom, grandma, and niece in Eau Claire for a bit of shopping and lunch. ! I got a few new shirts, one being an awesome $4 flannel, a $10 pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, and some new white tanks. and best of all my dad told my mom to buy me some new running shoes! my old ones were getting quite worn out so I'm super excited about the new ones! I tried on a bunch of "female" ones and none seemed to fit me right, so i thought, what the heck, might as well try on some male ones and I loved the first pair I tried on! I got a pair of Asic GT 2150's for only 60 bucks! Thanks for the early graduation present Mom and Dad!

Saturday night I went to Vertical Endeavors with Adam, Tony, and Chris. It was a really good day of strengthening. My arms were all sorts of sore on Sunday. I climbed about 3 walls all the way up to the top and did an additional 5 or so half walls. I want to go again sometime soon. On friday's they have ladies night and college ID night, so it's half off if you go after 5pm and are either a lady or a college student. Let me know if you want to go! I think it was around $25dollars this time, so it'd be less than $15. It's a good deal for such a great experience.

Sunday I got to run for a bit with my training buddy. I ran without my iPod, which was different, but a nice change, surprisingly. Afterward we did some lunges and jump roping, which made my legs super sore. I did a bit of arm lifting, but was extremely weak from the rock climbing.

Monday I ran outside, but it was super windy and not much fun at all. Plus I was hella sore from sunday. I could hardly bend over to get books from the bottom shelf at work, and don't even get me started on climbing the 3 flights of stairs to math class. Monday night I went to the Roe Family Singers at the 331 club. They were amazing! Best bluegrass in town. And their monday night special is 2 vodka or gin and tonics for $5! woohooo! Tuesday I had off of practicum (their spring break is this week, ) so I went to St. Paul gym to run the track for a bit and I did a bit of lifting, but was once again very sore. I tried to do lunges, but couldn't even do half as many as on sunday.

I felt loads better on Wednesday. I went to Gradfest after math and did my stupid exit interview for graduation. Basically they just tell you how much you owe the University and show you how impossible it will be to pay off the loans even if you get a good paying job. I felt like life was crashing down on me after this so I headed straight to the gym to work off some of the pressure. It helped while I was there (thanks Modest Mouse and Rage Against the Machine!), but upon returning home I immediately locked myself in my room and did a bit of crying. It's been quite some time since I have done this, and I have to say it felt good. I allowed myself 5 minutes of self-loathing and then decided it was time to start studying for my midterm.

I was going to go to the gym Thursday morning, but I had an interview at 11 and really needed to do some more studying for my midterm, so I made a cup of coffee and did another hour of studying. Then headed to my interview. It went really well. I'd be working for a family who has adopted 11 children with special needs (and they are getting two more this summer!) I'm going to go to their house some night next week to meet them all, and it sounds like if I think it'll be a good fit the job is mine! woohoo!!!

Gonna try to make it to the gym a few times this weekend since early next week I have a lot of other stuff going on. Can't wait until the snow is all melted (again) and it's sunny out so I can run outside again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment