Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Monday, April 4, 2011

A Box of Rain...

Sometimes it seems life just won't cut you a break. My ankle is still killing me, but I had to go for a run on Friday. I was so mad! I missed my interview because the address they gave me directed me to an empty building. apparently I was in the right place, but somehow must have missed the guy waiting to greet me. So after driving around looking for the place for about 30 minutes I went home and put on my running shoes. I ran about a mile and then walked the mile home. Saturday was so beautiful that I went for a run, but ended up walking most of it. I still have no idea what I did to my poor ankle :( I think I'm going to try to stay off of it this week. Maybe cross train a few days. My mom says if it doesn't start feeling better soon I should get it checked out.

I then headed to a campfire/grill-out with Daryn and Adam, and afterward went to a Pert Near Sandstone concert to celebrate Daryn's birthday. Sunday morning I woke up and took Daryn to pick up his car at John and Eileens. and of course I got in my very first car accident. :( This lady decided to drive in the middle of the street instead of on the appropriate side. I took a left turn and waited because I could see clearly I wasn't going to be able to go in between the car parked on one side and this lady waiting at a stop sign in the middle of the street. After a while she moved over a bit and I thought I could fit through. Wrong! I scraped the park car on the side. And so my impatience will now be costing me a few hundred bucks. grrrr....

I still had to come to work, but luckily got to listen to some music right away. Of course "Gravity Rides Everything" by Modest Mouse came on right away and made me feel so much better. "It all will fall, fall right into place." And then Grateful Dead's "Box of Rain" came on. My iPod always does such a great job of making me feel better. 

I was super nervous about calling my parents but they are so supportive. I'm so grateful for them. Then entire time my mom just kept saying to me "Tiara, no one go hurt and that's what is important. Cars are replaceable people are not, and money is just money. It comes and it goes." And she's right. They guy I hit has also been super nice about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment