Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Love Old Songs and What They Know

Finally!

I'm able to run again! At least without being in complete plain. Unfortunately it snowed today. Sunday I wanted to run but was very nervous so I just went for a walk around the neighborhood and took some pictures.I particularly wanted a picture of our new house. I will be living 3 amazing girls, and I'm super excited. Although I love living with my brother and Adam, it's time for a new experience. I hate drama, and therefore have very few girl friends (one of my guy friends says I only invite him to sausage fests) , but I think I picked a great group to live with. Here is a picture of the wonderful house!

Monday I was able to run, yes for real run, about a mile and half. I took short walking breaks whenever I felt the least bit of pain in my ankle. It hurt a bit on tuesday, but today I went to the gym and did 4 miles on the elliptical and jogged a mile on the treadmill (god I hate treadmills.)

In other news, I found a summer job! I will be working for a family who has adopted several children with various disabilities. I met the kids and instantly fell in love. They are a high energy group so I'll have to keep on top of my sleeping and energy levels. I will be working with 1-3 children at a time, doing fun summer activities at the beach, and park, and transporting them to their summer day camps and other activities. The parents suggested that perhaps I work on academic skills with a few of the children as well. I can't wait! I'll be starting there in mid-June, and until then I will be working part time at the library. I'm glad things are starting to work out in my advantage. Now if only all my final projects would do themselves and I didn't have to study for finals....

No comments:

Post a Comment