Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oh, admiration in falling asleep

I cannot wait for this semester to be done with. Seriously my energy level are lower than ever and the effort I'm putting in to my classes is also at an all time low. Ever since last Thursday my stomach feels like it's on a roller coaster. I didn't sleep more than 30 minutes on Sunday night and have been paying the price for it all week.

As you know this weekend was Easter, and my first time being home since Christmas. It was also my first time being in Marshfield and being 21. I spent the entire weekend either drunk or hungover. What a horrible place. Worst of all they had no ginger-ale to mix with my whiskey! Here is a picture of me and my brothers sharing our first drink together with all of us being legal.

Anyway while I was home I also got my first haircut since Christmas, and it was bad. I'm not sure what happened. My mom always cuts my hair (and has always does a wonderful job), but for some reason it ended up looking like a 3 year old had cut a huge chunk out while I was asleep. I guess these things just happen to everyone at some point.

I came home on Sunday and went for a short run, then proceeded to make myself a much needed bloody mary and veggie burger. Thanks for the grill out pink taco ladies :) I then showered and tried to think of a way to fix my hair. I ended up cutting it. and badly. So the next morning I skipped class to go get it fixed. The lady was super nice about it and vowed to keep as much length as possible.

Everyone kept telling me it was just hair and it would grow back, but no one understands. My hair was the longest it has ever been. And it took me 2 years to get it to that length (hardly below my shoulders.) So a bad haircut for me isn't something I have to deal with for a few months, it's something I have to deal for at least a year. Anyway this is what I ended up with.

I don't mind it too much, but I'm not a fan. The worst part is that only about 50% of it fits in a pony tail. I went to the gym on Tuesday and it seriously drove me nuts. The only benefit is that the more I sweat the better it stays up, so this encourages me to work out harder. Guess it's just time to invest in some new barrettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment