Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pacing/ Eating Healthier

Things are already getting way crazier than I want them to be. And worst of all, I'm under way more emotional stress than I would like to be. Thankfully I've had time to run almost every single day. I haven't been running far, but I am able to do 2-3 miles a day, and once in awhile i get up to 3.5 or 4. I've been trying to work on my pacing. I'd rather be able to run further distances at a slower rate than to take constant breaks from running to walk.

This weekend I run my first ever race, and while it is only 2 miles, I've put a lot of thought into how I'm going to pace myself. So, I present you with:

The Cheese Chase Mix
One More Love Song by Leon Russell
Breathe by David Gray
Fix You by Coldplay
Brokedown Palace by the Grateful Dead
Rootless Tree by Damien Rice

I've ran at a slow pace for most of these, and the last one just makes me want to sprint, because i feel it so much right now. this will be the perfect way to end the race.

I've also been trying to eat more healthy. More fruit, and more veggies. I try to have fruit and veggies at every single meal. My problem is I still always crave sweet/ creamy things at night. This is a habit I really need to kick. I've tried to stop eating after 8 pm, but today I didn't even get around to eating dinner until 8:30, and for some reason I really enjoy late night snacking (also a habit I need to kick.)

My Dinner on Monday night: broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, and carrots, grilled in butter and garlic. served with 2 pieces of rye toast.  


The best breakfast ever! egg and cheese on a bagel with a side of blackberries and yogurt. Served with coffee and the 5th Harry Potter book. I'm really gonna miss my mornings off....

No comments:

Post a Comment