Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stone Arch Bridge Trail


So yesterday I went for a nice long run with my new friend John. This is the guy who convinced me, while I was drunk late one night in February, to start training for a race of some kind. We ran for 50 minutes straight (other than when my right foot fell asleep), probably about 4.5 miles or so, around a trail at the stone arch bridge. I went on a bike ride around the trail today to take some pictures.

This is where the trail starts. Perfect view of the city.

John said sometimes the water is moving fast enough that it will splash up and cool you off. 
Just really liked this building.

Grainbelt Love!
Kayaking! you can run on some of these bridges, but you can't bike on them :(

Water break. there are several of these located along the trail.

Beautiful!!!

There are a ton of restaurants located along this portion. Can't believe it took me until I was graduated to make it down here. Makes me wonder about all the other things i'm missing.

The hill of death....

John lives less than a mile away from the trial, so I biked to his house (only about a mile) and we left from there. It was a gorgeous day out and I really enjoyed the trail. John knows his way around the trail quite well, and pointed out not only all the wonderful sights, but also the places I could easily stop to get water.(For those of you who don't know, I'm an avid water drinker.) we talked a lot about running while we ran. John informed me of the races he had run, and also about all the different parts of training, and the fact that training for each race is different. So much goes into training, that I'm baffled that anyone ever has time to accomplish such a feat, as running an entire marathon or half marathon. But I will some day. I promise.

All in all, I had a great run, and me and John agreed to try to get together sometime next week to run again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment