Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Monday, May 9, 2011

Gonna Sing You One More Love Song

I'm officially signed up for my first race, granted it's a short one, but a race none the less. I will be participating in the Annual Dairyfest Cheese Chase 2 mile run in my hometown.

In other news I have been running. quite a bit. Last wednesday I did 4.5 miles, it was so gorgeous out I just couldn't quit. Thursday I did about 3 miles, Friday I did a short 2.5, and Saturday I did 3.5. Saturday was a a slow day. I walked quite a bit, mostly because it was the morning and I was still tired and dehydrated, but also because I had a blister on my foot from the night before. Friday night I went to Northeast Minneapolis down by the river with some friends. This was a great time. It was beautiful down by the river and I wondered why it has taken me so long to get there. I plan on running down there to run once I'm up to my 5-6 mile trail.  Here are some pictures from the evening.


I also talked to the guy who convinced me to start training and decided I'm going to start running with him this summer. It'll be nice to have a running partner this summer because i'll have work all day and class all evening so I won't get around to running until it's darker out, and thus scary and dangerous to run in our neighborhood as a 21 year old female all alone.

Sunday I took off, because my ankle was hurting a bit, and today I did 3.5 miles on the elliptical and 3 miles on the bike at the gym. I hope to run tomorrow morning and cross train again on wednesday. I have the week off of classes, so I spent a lot of my day cleaning.

I also started another blog. I'm posting something daily (the posts are much shorter than on here.) If you'd like to follow here is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment