Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Goals/ Reward/ training program

I have a lot of extra time right now since I'm only working 3 days a week, and have no money to spend on extra activities. Pure boredom. So I came up with this plan for training(posted below.) Things will get a bit more complicated when I start my new job and summer school in june. And I just got my schedule for next fall and it looks insane. It's making me doubt my ability to accomplish a half marathon ever. I decided it might be best to put it off until next summer. I don't want to, but I don't know that I'm going to have much time to train while working full time and going to school full time. Anyway I decided what I really need is to set some goals and if I accomplish them I can reward myself.

Goal number 1- Get my teaching license. This should be done on May 11th of next spring. 
Reward- on May 12th I will get a tattoo. I have been wanting to get another one for awhile. on my left hip I will be getting "I hear them all...." This is a quote from one of my favorite songs by Old Crow Medicine Show. This is how I am approaching my teaching. I want to hear every single student, and find ways to help them all. 

Goal number 2- Finish a half marathon by the end of next summer (2012.) 
Reward- Another Tattoo. I know, I've been a bit obsessed since I got the first one. I will be getting "Perfectly Imperfect" tattooed down my right side. This is the way I've tried to start thinking about my body since I've started running. I've wanted this one for a long time, but just couldn't decide where to get it. I want to get it on my foot, but for most job in schools you have to keep tattoos hidden, and I've decided that vertically down my side would be awesome. 

here is my current training program

Sunday- Cross-train or run 2 miles
Monday- Run 2-3 miles
Tuesday- Run 4-5 miles
Wednesday- Cross-train/ Lift
Thursday- Run 2-3 miles
Friday- Run 4-5 miles
Saturday- Rest
Cross-training- 3-4 miles on elliptical or 15-20 miles on bike

No comments:

Post a Comment