Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Cheese Chase Race

Length: 2 miles
Time: 19:36
Mile time: 9:33
Place overall: 90th out of 297
Age/Sex place: 3rd out of 41
Comments: This was a good first/easy race. It was 80 degrees and humid, so awful running conditions. I took the first half mile fast, and then had to stop to take a few 15 second walking break. It was just too damn humid. As soon as Damien Rice's rootless tree came on my iPod I sprinted. When I saw the clock I was hoping to make it in 19:30, but I'm still proud of this time, considering Junior year of high school my mile time was around 11 minutes. Afterwards we got dilly bars, and were supposed to get subs, but they had no vegetarian options :( We then stopped to get a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Pre race picture


Post Race Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment