Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Monday, June 6, 2011

Running With Dad

Yesterday night I ran with my Dad and his running buddies. We drove out to the country, and went for a 5 mile run. I ran with his old assistant cross country coach, his current cross country coach, and a girl who is training for Grandma's marathon in 2 weeks.

So I was able to keep up for the first 1.5 miles and then started falling extremely behind. I ended up walking a lot of the hills, but my dad was super nice and kept running back to check up on me. I was happy I was even able to finish.

We ran out on the country roads. It was strange to run on gravel instead of concrete. Afterward my arch on my right ankle was super sore. I rubbed and stretched it out good, but it hurt a little bit this morning. Hopefully It won't turn into anything too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment