Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Improvements and Failures

I'm super happy because I'm finally starting to feel the benefits of all my hard work. Recently I've been able to run further distances. I used to feel like 2 miles was long, but since I've been working on pacing myself I've been going further distances. Thursday I went hiking at Minnehaha Falls with the kids all day and thought I'd be way to tired to do my long run. I set out to do 3 miles and ended up doing 4.5. And if it wouldn't have been for the mountain of homework waiting for me I might have gone further. Friday I did about 4.5 miles again. So happy :)

Minnehaha Falls was a blast, and I think I might try to get a group there to do some trail running. I've been running with some guys who are training for a half marathon in the end of July. I go on there 3 and 4 mile days with them, and while they've tried to convince me to do 6 miles with them I refuse. It'd be nice to take a group to the Falls, because there are portions of it that would be dangerous to run, but also very fun.


In other news, I accidentally ate meat on Friday. Just a small piece of ham on pizza, but I've decided I'm going to start re aquatinting my body with it. At work I just eat whatever they provide for me for lunch, and it hasn't been super difficult yet, but I know it will get harder as time goes on. I'm still going to eat mostly vegetarian, but I want to get back to the point where I can eat meat, if I want to, without getting sick. I had a tiny bit of beef last night, and my stomach is killing me today (although this could also be from the insane amount of alcohol I drank last night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment