Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Runners High!

My first long run was splendid. I've been logging my runs on mapyourrun.com. I planned a route from my house, over stone arch, to a playground, and back. Unfortunately this route was closed because there was a half marathon going on (the one I was originally supposed to do.) This, however was super motivating. I ran to Marshall street and back, and really wanted to keep going (runners high), but didn't want to injure myself, so I stopped. Turned out I had ran 5.5 miles. Woohoo!

The rest of the week was insanely stressful. I didn't run at all again until Friday and this run was not good. My feet are so sore (from standing all day) and full of blisters (from new shoes) plus my new shoes aren't worn in yet. I only did 30 minutes of running and was completely exhausted. We will see how the rest of training goes. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with the schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment