Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Under Ten!

I ran 4 miles yesterday and I finally got my mile time under 10 minutes! This may not seem like a big deal to a lot of people, but this is really good for me, considering it was a 4 mile run.

One super annoying thing happened though (so I had to take a short 2 min break in the middle of the run.) My right foot fell asleep. I was wearing my new shoes, so I wonder if they just need to get worn in? I stopped to adjust my sock, massage the foot for a minute and loosen the laces in the shoe. I was then able to run my last 1.2 miles home. I hope this problem doesn't consist. I also hope I can keep up with training, because my schedule is going to be absolutely insane. This week I've been getting done with student teaching early and starting late. Since most of our week has been getting to know you activities and going over rules and routines there hasn't been too much to prepare for teaching, so I've been getting done at about 3:30 or 4 instead of 5. Hopefully I can keep up as I get to some of my longer weekday runs. Tonight is my first speed work training. I know you don't need a track to do speed work, but I found one that is about a mile from my house, so I might do a run there as a warm up and then a jog home as a cool down. We'll see how much time I have. The Packers are playing tonight, so I really want to watch their game. Go Pack Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment