Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Sunday, September 11, 2011

It's not hard to fall, when you float like a cannonball

Long run today did not go so well. I'm just too exhausted. I got 8 hours of sleep last night, but it's just not enough to catch up for the whole week, and I need more hours in my day to get everything done. Seriously. Anyway I ran over what I used to call the "bridge of death" and back. The bridge wasn't that difficult. Unfortunately my foot fell asleep a few times and during the last mile I seriously felt like I was going to pass out. But I completed the 7.5 miles. I might take an extra rest day this week, just because I have something going on every single night this week.

There is too much going on in my life, and I don't want to give any of it up, but if something ends up going it's probably going to have to be running. I wouldn't give it up completely, but I might have to cut back.

No comments:

Post a Comment