Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Real Beginning!

Holy mother of Jesus it's been a long time since my last post. Today was week one of training and for the most part it went well. Here is the official schedule.

I was super stressed on Thursday and was only able to get through 32 minutes of running. Also I hiked 5 miles for work on Wednesday, so I only did a short hill training session. Today I did 41 minutes and it was a morning run that went fairly well. This week may be rough with starting school and moving, but we'll see how it all goes.

Today I maxed out my credit card for the first time ever on these suckers.
A highly necessary purchase. These are size 9 Asics GT2160's. They are the same model of the ones I have now, except that they are the female 2011 version instead of the male 2010 version. I also had to get some more professional short sleeve shirts (no AC in the school I'm working in) and underwear. Total I spent $170 today....yikes. Good thing I get paid on Friday. Unfortunately, rent is due on Thursday....

No comments:

Post a Comment