Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Break Down

I had a great/rough run today. Those are the best. I'm not sure if it was the fact that I chugged down too many vodkas last night, or the McDonalds I had on my way home from the bar, but my stomach wasn't feeling too hot, but the music was great. So I kept on running, and suddenly I just broke down. To the following song:


So what did I do? I ran to the nearest park (thankfully 2 blocks away), gasping for air and fell down on the swing. And I sobbed for 2 minutes. And then I got up. And I ran home feeling so very much better. Who knows why I had a mental breakdown, but I did. Sometimes I think they are just required to happen so I can release my pent up angry/stress every once in awhile. But I love it when it happens when I run because I have a great way of recovering from the break down.

No comments:

Post a Comment