Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Monday, April 30, 2012

Why I've been gone.

Runs have been few, and bad recently. About 5 weeks ago I went out for a run on a slightly cloudy day and took my iPod with me. About .5 miles from home it began to rain. I sprinted the rest of the way to protect my dear iPod and my ankle has been hurting since. I gave it about 2 weeks to heal and tried a short 1.5 miler, and was in serious pain. I've given it another 3 weeks, and in the meantime have been spending a lot of time walking. I haven't tested it out yet (other than the walking which is great), but I'm hoping I'll be able to begin running again because I created an 8 week half marathon training program, and the half-marathon I want to run is 8 weeks from Wednesday. I haven't officially signed up yet because I want to see how the first 2 weeks go.

Hopefully you will be hearing more about my training soon. I've been dying to get back out in the beautiful weather....unfortunately this week looks rainy.

No comments:

Post a Comment