Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One Mile at a Time

Sorry It's taken me so long to write again. It's been truly insane! Needless to say my running has taken a back seat to my work, school, and small social life. Sleep deprivation is not a good way to run. I try and get out at least 3-4 times a weeks, and most of these are around 4 milers.

John is currently trying to convince me to run a half marathon in the end of August and if life wasn't going to be so crazy in the next few weeks I totally would. 3 weeks left and I'll be done with class, but in those 3 weeks I will potentially be working more hours. The family I work for has adopted 6 children already and the mom and dad leave for China on Friday to adopt 2 more! I'm super excited for them, but it means a lot of work on the part of many PCA's while they are gone. As John puts it I just have to get through one mile at a time. But I still haven't gotten to do an entire 6 miles (trust me I've planned to do a few times, but it just never works out.)

I'm still woking on my pacing which means going slower, but much farther. I've also been trying to work on decreasing my heel striking these last few weeks, as I'm sure it's probably one of the reason my ankle was so bad for awhile. In good news: I went home in June and while I was there my chiropractor took a look at my ankle and did some adjustments and it hasn't hurt since!

Guess that's all for now folks. Sorry if this seemed quick and undeveloped. Just had to get it all out quick. Now back to homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment