Running is a road to self-awareness and reliance … you can push yourself to extremes and learn the harsh reality of your physical and mental limitations or coast quietly down a solitary path watching the earth spin beneath your feet. But when you are through, exhilarated and exhausted, at least for a moment everything seems right with the world…

Sunday, October 30, 2011

trying to enjoy the miles

Wow. It's been awhile since I've written and I have a really good excuse. Life has been utterly crazy. Running has been pushed to the wayside, and therefore I have essentially nothing to blog about. But I've been going through a decently rough time recently, and while trying to work through it I came up with this quote. "It's not about finishing the race, it's about each and every mile it takes you to get there."So I'm trying to remember (as I count down until the days I'm done with Grad school and student teaching) that I need to enjoy the miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment